Sunday, January 30, 2011

Brother..


Mama's boy, Papa's pride,

Underrating his own stride

Dimpled face and a shy smile,

Living away across the miles


Thinking fondly about him,

Under the table lamp, with lights dim

Memories of childhood sprang back,

When we played as little Jill & Jack


Irking me in a game of Cricket,

With imaginary bails & hand drawn wickets,

Making me bowl the way he liked,

With endless overs, until he strike


Holding the reel, while he flew the kite,

Eager to fly it in scorching sunlight

Unbending to what is right,

Ending up in those "cat-dog fights"


Smoking my first cigarette with him in the attic,

Hiding from Mom & Dad, pretending to teach me Mathematics,

Getting scrupled and a bit scared,

Yet chuckled of our unbeknown dare


Unearthing these memories dug,

Oh! How I miss those comforting hugs

Leaving all of us you flew,

With faces smiling yet so blue

All i want to tell you,

Is Brother! I really miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment